My Blog List

Monday, August 9, 2010

Who says Fresno has no style?

         After recently moving back to Fresno after an 8 year hiatus I thought to myself-
  "Where will I shop for unique and fashionable clothing?"

No more Sepulveda Blvd, Melrose, San Pedro.......No more Buffalo Exchange or Fred Segal

 Let me rewind and explain. I love Fashion. I use to buy magazine only to cut out all the clothing that made me love FASHION even more. I can buy one dress and make it look like 10 or more outfits. A belt here, a jacket there. These days it's all about accessorizing and becoming a visionary. TRY IT.
Although I love FASHION unfortunately I do not see myself as a designer. These days you either need money to become a well known Fashion Designer or be extremely talented to the extent that it is almost art. I am neither but doesn't make me love FASHION less.

After leaving Fresno I felt I was fortunate to be out of a bubble and into the real world. In Santa Barbara I experience a laid back sense of style.
*T-shirts and ripped jeans
*Flip flops and oversized sweaters.
*HOODIES

How long did this last? hmmm 4 years and I LOVED IT.
Favorite Hoodie: Abercrombie & Fitch
Favorite T-shirts: anything pima cotton SOFT SOFT SOFT
Favorite Accessory: brown worn-out belt

While at UC Santa Barbara I decided to travel abroad and that is where I experienced FASHION at it's finest ITALY. Fashion FORWARD is all I have to say. What I saw in Italy 5 years ago is what I see in Forever 21 these days. Crazy as it sounds I never imaged an American wearing MC Hammer pants but there they are.

The next chapter in my life took me to LOS ANGELES.
to be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

ETSY