My Blog List

Thursday, October 14, 2010

...you can never have too MANY sweaters

I love sweaters, sweatshirts, hoodies, and you name it. My closet probably consists of 50% sweaters/hoodies/sweatshirts/cardigans/etc. Every time i walk into a store I normally gravitate towards hoodies and oversized cardigans. All the colors, styles, and sized. Now that fall is here I won't look so crazy when I'm wearing my favorite hoodie around. 




Must haves for  Fall/Winter 2010


Cardigan: a sweater, usually long-sleeved,collarless and originally knitted from wool that fastens up the front , typically with buttons.


[everyone needs a cardigan...they compliment just about anything you wear and it is easy to carry around if it is not in use]








Sweater: a knitted or crocheted upper-body garment, in either pullover or cardigan style. Constructed in various fabrics, commonly wool, and with different types of necklines. 


[ remember sweaters and sweatshirts are similar but not the same thing. everyone should have a wool sweater for cold winter days]





Sweatshirt: A casual, loose-fitting top typically made of heavyweight fleece-backed cotton or other cotton blends, with cuffs, neckline, and waistband constructed in a rib knit. 

[I usually love buying my sweatshirts in a french terry or velour fabric]
















Hoodie: a term first used in the 1980s to describe a sweatshirt that features a hood. Hoodies typically have a kangaroo pocket and a drawstring. 

[My FAVE....hoodies are perfect for everyday use...cleaning, exercising, camping, lounging. They come in different shapes and sizes, materials, and can be very decorative with rhinestones or embroidery. ]





No comments:

Post a Comment

ETSY