My Blog List

Monday, September 13, 2010

Three day trip to LOS ANGELES

The best part of going back to LA is the idea of focusing on getting things there that you can't get back home. This applies to restaurants, people, and shopping.

First day we decided to attend Oktoberfest 2010 in Torrance's ALPINE VILLAGE. We love beer and this is the best. A little beer goes a long ways as our friends learned the hard way. You hang out with good friends, drink a couple beers, and as for me "peep watch".

My friend Becky has great sense of style and is not afraid to be wearing something unique and different. She decided to wear a denim blue button up top with 3/4 length sleeves but instead of wearing it traditionally she had it tie at the buttom which exposed her white tshirt beneath.
Reminds me of the 50's or Grease's pink ladies. She wore cropped jeans and white sling back sandals. Modern take on an old style.
She never ceases to look lovely and fashion forward.










DAY 2 "Shopping"

Whenever I am in LA I love to shop second hand stores. My favorite is Crossroads and Buffalo Exchange. I found the cutest top at Buffalo Exchange by Kimchi & Blue. I believe this label is exclusively at Urban Outfitters but the label looks almost primitive. Anywho...the top is beautiful. Abstract floral motif in different shades of blue with white. Although it's polyester and not silk it drapes wonderfully with a soft hand. The best part of it all is the flat smooth shanked button in gold.

After shopping for several hours I decided to swing by Marshalls. Compared to Marshalls in small cities, Marshalls in LA carries brands we actually love. My favorite Marshalls is on Ventura Blvd in Studio city. I found a pair of cute skinny jeans by  Velvet Heart. My husband found a fabulous pair of shoes by Polo by Ralph Lauren. The price was GREAT but there was none in his size. SAD FACE!!












DAY 3 "Lunch and Sopping"

Lunch at 3rd Street Promenade  was great. I love having a good burger with bleu cheese crumbs. There is a restaurant there for every occasion. The occasion was FOOTBALL so we went to Barney's Beanery.
Next stop was Kitson Outlet which I thought was only suppose to be there temporarily. Although I didn't find anything worth my time I bought a book which is called "Fashion A to Z An Illustrated dictionary" by Alex Newman and Zakee Shariff. Very cute and worth having on the coffee table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ETSY